Jules Keeper - Chief Data Officer
Skills: executive decision making, strategy, governance, business change.
- As a newly appointed CDO, Jules is responsible for leading the business transformation that brings data, and data driven decisions to the heart of the business.
- This transformation is a necessary step to improve the accuracy of decision making around research investment and which drugs to bring to market.
- The industry is moving more to personalized drugs and this will require them to handle information about individuals.
- Believes that data/information is key to transforming the business to be more customer centric with a greater emphasis on data driven decisions.
- General agreement that data/information is important, but with little understanding on what each team should be doing differently.
- Repeatedly stresses the importance of data to the business’s future.
- Is building a data strategy for the business along with glossary/data dictionary, backed by governance principles, policies and procedures.
- Many practices in the business that either damage the quality of data, or result in inaccurate or incomplete information being used for decision making.
- Too many spreadsheets used for decision making that contain data of dubious origin, accuracy and completeness.
- To establish a sense of ownership and personal responsibility for the accuracy of data and the proper use of information within the business teams. This is no longer an “IT problem”.
- To automate as much of the management of information as possible whilst still enabling flexibility in the use of information.
- Data/information is established as a major asset of the organization.
- A measurable and continuous improvement in the quality of their data.
- A broadening in the type of data available for decision making.
- An increase in the number of decisions that are backed by sound information.
- Transparency in the operations of the organization due to the provision of timely comprehensive information.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.