Privacy Officer Role
The privacy officer is responsible for ensuring the organization takes proper care to ensure its services and mode of operation does not adversely impact the privacy of individuals. These individuals include customers, suppliers and employees, in addition to data subjects who’s data is included in data sets supplied to the organization.
The role includes:
- Defining the scope of personal data and the subset of this that is sensitive personal data.
- Performing privacy impact assessments on digital services that use personal data and ensuring that recommendations are implemented.
- Ensuring Asset Owners have identified, catalogued and classified their data sets containing either personal data or sensitive personal data.
- Ensuring Offering Owners have the digital services and systems that support them identify the personal data they are using and the consent.
- Ensuring the organization can support requests from data subjects.
- Preparing to manage a data breach incident.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.